Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

Good morning across the globe. Been busy with a nasty lawsuit. Look forward to the day this is over. Patience, patience, (I'm running out of) patience. Okay, enough of that. Let's move on.

Currently running a promo through July 20th on many of the books. Savings are up to 66%. I'd call that substantial on any continent! Jeff Dawson's Amazon Author Page

And if that's not enough, for those of you who enjoy delving into the worlds of the macabre, "Terror at The Sterling" will be FREE this weekend. How's that for a great deal?

Terror at The Sterling



Writing updates: Yes, a sequel to Gateway: Pioche is in the works. "Destination D.C." It took a while to decide how to trump time travel, the characters finally provided their thoughts. This is going to be another wild ride!

Part II in "Occupation," is finally revealing itself. "Sabotage" will take the Boirarsky and Romanov clans into the depths of "Mother Russia" in an attempt to stave off the violent thrust of the German Army to the gates of Moscow. I see a fracturing in the Romanov clan when Nikoli realizes why Svetlana is gaining weight. And with Dmitri infatuated with Nicole, a new splinter group could be in the making.

The military/love poetry book is almost finished. A few more additions and it will be released next month.

Here's one of the submissions. It's called Spoon River poem. Basically, it's written by those who have already died.

Johann

I hate this place! I hate this war!
I hate the fuehrer! I hate it all!

We started with many and are down
to a few. And for what? The glory of
the Fatherland or a leader gone made?

So generals can pin more useless pieces
of tin on gaudy tunics? So they can
speak loudly at their clubs, drinking warm beer
while we die each day for a lost cause? The
idea sickens me, but I’m a soldier and I
must fight. But for how much longer?

“Johann. Take Krueger to the clearing. The
Reds are going to hit again. Be quick.”
“Jawohl Herr Captain.”

We wait in our shallow grave for another
endless onslaught. It matters not how many
we kill, like a thawing river, they keep coming
each day. Fifty, a hundred, two hundred. How
many today?

The distinct sound of tank tracks crushing over
brush and ice is all too familiar. They come closer,
not masking their approach. I fear we will not be
victorious today.

Yes, I see them now. A dozen T-34’s, on the right,
passing by the smoldering hulks of their brethren.
We wait till they’re closer What can we do
With a hand full of mines and two panzerfausts?  To run,
would be instant death. We wait as the steel monsters
claw by; their tracks ripping away at the ground
as the soil and unburied bodies become one.

We fire a shot taking out the leader, but still they come.
We wait for the others to pass, to attach our mines.
For what purpose, I longer care. We watch and wait.
I prepare to sprint towards the closest tank. My  body
tenses. Sweat beads under my arms. My heart is
starting to race. The adrenaline fills me with warmth. I’m ready.

“No screams Krueger.” I look in horror. It came from the left.
The sound masked by his comrades. “Valhalla!” I scream
as the track grinds me into the landscape.


Copyright@2013 LDDJ Enterprises Publishing


I am also teaming up with Kathryn Magee to publish her first work. She's held onto the manuscript for over twenty years. She's ready to put out for public consumption. This is some of the most uplifting material I've ever read.

That covers all the updates. I know I'm behind on the reviews and suggestions. I promise, with all the books I've read of late, I will be catching up soon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.