Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2016

#Baseball #Tigers/Rangers

Being a big Tigers/Rangers fan, I find myself between a rock and a hard place when they square off. Last night was no exception. Both teams have been on a slide. Both teams stack up evenly on paper and both have the capability to be contenders. Last night was an example of two pitchers dueling it out. Zimmerman looked good even though he gave up a few runs. Hamels. Well, Cole was definitely on his game. What I found aggravating was the stand in for Tom Grieves on Fox Sports SW1. What I can't handle is when an announcer believes they need to fabricate a story when there isn't one. Randall said something along the lines of "Hitters only hit pitcher's mistakes." Busby came right back, "That's not true. I know, because I use to pitch." That shut-up his co-host for a few minutes. Too bad it didn't last longer. Announcers need to get out of the way and let the game speak for itself! TV isn't radio. WE, the fans, can see what the hell is going on. WE don't need everything explained. What is most aggravating is this, I'm sure the Detroit media is bashing the Tigers over their lack luster offensive production. They should be commenting on how dominating Hamels was last night. He was lights out. Despite the home team going down, 5-0. I'm looking forward to the next two games. With luck, the Tigers can win this serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.