Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Chevrolet's excellent commercial for those of us who have lost a loved one.

 

In these times of turmoil and negative news from all side, this is the perfect commercial to take a break from the madness and remember the good things in life. I couldn't but reflect back 1977-78 and remember all the good times Debbie and I had in my 1969 F-100. Like this excellent tribute from Chevy, let us remember why life is worth living no matter how hard the journey may be. Thank you #Chevrolet for a brilliant, timeless message we can all learn from. 
 
A Walk
I walk through the cold air thinking of happier times.
A smile creeps across a saddened face.
Thoughts reflect back to a more carefree time:
no worries, no problems, just love.
Snow angels, movies, windows rolled down,
allowing the wind to blow across our faces.
Time was never a worry, but a blessing.
The days were endless and love never died; it was timeless.
The memories fade, but the experiences are ingrained.
My heart aches for the loss; her smile in the clouds reminds me why we loved.
A snowflake falls. The mind remembers a walk in the snow.
I gaze into her shadowy eyes; a soft kiss, an embrace.
The cold wind strikes my face. I am no longer sad, but filled with joy.
It reminds me why we loved.
 
 
If this touches you are much as did I, you'll love the book I wrote honoring Debbie. Love's True Second Chance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.